Along with checking for mold and making sure you are aware of the signs that could indicate mold in your home, you should make sure you are keeping your home a healthy environment in as many other ways you can. You should ask yourself a few questions in regard to your environment:
- Do you smoke inside your home?
- Is the ventilation and exhaust fans between your laundry room, kitchen, and bathroom adequate?
- When was the last time you changed your air filters?
- When was the last time you changed the filter or bag to your vacuum?
- Is your laundry done with bleach or ammonia?
- Is your gas stove and fire place checked every year for emissions?
- Was your home build before 1977? If so, has it been checked for led based paint?
- Do your bathrooms have carpet?