Never Leave Mold Damage Cleanup to Chance in Wilmington
Mold Damage Remediation with Help from SERVPRO in Wilmington Gets Results
If you notice fuzzy, grayish spots developing under your kitchen sink or around your bathroom cabinets, you may start to panic. Whenever you suspect black mold growing within your Wilmington property, you mustn't try to disturb it by spraying it with chemicals or wiping it. This can dislodge the spores, causing them to become airborne within your home. Rather than attempting any DIY, you need a team like SERVPRO that arrives with mold remediation expertise – available whenever you need it!
But why SERVPRO for mold damage in Wilmington? Because we are a locally-owned and operated team armed with the manpower and skill to handle any size or scope mold cleanup project. We get in to assess the damage so that we can select the best processes for safely cleaning and freshening your interior. We begin cleaning up, but we also address the source of the mold problem to keep it from coming right back.
How Much Do You Know About Mold?
You could have mold development somewhere inside your home whenever you have a slow pipe leak that goes undetected or fails to remove all of the moisture from a water-related incident. Given the right conditions, mold develops in as little as 48 hours. It is essential to keep the following in mind:
- Microscopic mold spores float through the air, coming into your home via the doors, windows, HVAC system, and even on your clothing or outside pets.
- Mold thrives on moisture and tends to colonize fast when exposed to water and an organic food source is present – drywall, paper, carpeting, etc.
- You will often notice a foul, musty odor that could be telling you that a mold infestation is developing.
SERVPRO Offers Comprehensive Mold Remediation with Processes that Include:
- Mold containment measures using poly sheeting and negative pressure
- Thorough structural drying and moisture detection using sensors, meters, etc.
- Decontamination of all surfaces
- Specialized cleaning for contents
- Removal and safe disposal of all contaminated/unsalvageable materials and contents
Our IICRC-certified mold remediation specialists can control microbial contamination closely to the source, then begin careful cleaning. All materials get removed that are overtaken with mold contamination and disposed of according to local guidelines. Any items that can get salvaged will be dried and thoroughly cleaned to our standards.
Structural Drying is Essential for All Mold Damage Remediation Projects
The last thing anyone needs is hidden moisture lurking within your property that can mean a repeat mold infestation. SERVPRO technicians have options like ventilation or specialized drying systems to direct airflow through wall cavities. This helps to replace any cool, moist air with dry, warmer air. When this takes place, it raises surface temperatures, cuts back on vapor pressure, and helps to speed up the evaporation rate. Other steps that take place may include:
- Ventilation attached to air moving equipment
- Blowers that get attached to hoses
- Small holes are drilled into ceilings, walls, or under cabinets to help redirect air into the various cavities
- Drying mats to help address moisture found within the flooring
Why Mold Removal as a False Statement – Don't Be Fooled!
If you see a product that claims to eradicate mold or a company that says they offer mold removal, don't believe it. Microbes are essential for the earth's ecosystem, and they are present everywhere – both indoors and outdoors. Under some conditions, they may colonize within your home. Hiring skilled technicians is the best way to get the results you need.
Why contact SERVPRO of Brandywine/Wilmington when you have an issue with mold damage? Because we have the proven processes and knowledge to ensure your property is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Call us 24/7 for restoration and cleanup at (302) 762-8080.