Are the Signs of Wilmington Flood Damage Always Apparent?
When Storms Hit Wilmington, SERVPRO Knows How to Look for Flood Damage Inside and Outside Your Home
Storms are unavoidable at any point throughout the year. Once a storm rolls through the Wilmington area, it is reasonable to worry about the potential for water damage. Calling in help from technicians with a trained eye to handle the assessment and restoration is the best route to take. SERVPRO features IICRC-certified technicians to address your flooding on any level, including mitigation, to limit the overall extent of the loss.
What Should I Be Looking Out For?
If you are worried you are taking on flood damage in Wilmington, it is imperative that you look in several areas. You can inspect your exterior for things like:
- Damage from Wind – Excessive wind damage is generally present when storm fronts bring wind around 45 mph and higher. The signs of wind damage include fallen debris around your property and missing or damaged roofing shingles.
- Miscellaneous Damage – Other damage from a storm may include siding dents, fallen gutters, and substantial washouts around your home that may also point to interior water damage.
The signs to look for inside your home after storm flooding include:
- Water-saturated insulation
- Staining on your walls, ceilings, or floors
- Water that seems to be seeping from your attic or crawlspace
- Cracks or leaks in your skylights, and more
When you notice any combination of these tell-tale signs of damage, our SERVPRO team can assess and assist. We ensure no standing water or hidden moisture is left to fester, as this brings about secondary damage to your home and the potential for mold and mildew growth. We have industrial-grade extraction tools to pull up water combined with powerful air movers and dehumidification equipment. Everything works in unison to restore your interior while bringing down relative humidity throughout your home.
Call us at SERVPRO of Brandywine/Wilmington when you need us for flood damage restoration, and our crew makes it “Like it never even happened.” You can reach us 24/7 for emergency service by calling (302) 762-8080.