Lessen Fire Damage and Cost for Your Wilmington Property
Bark away your fire damage worries with our team in Wilmington at SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Has Skilled Fire Damage Technicians in Wilmington Available 24/7
Once fire strikes at your home or business, you start to think about the best way to clean up all damage. Not only can you have charred debris and unsalvageable contents or materials, but you may also have water damage from putting out the flames. There are many aspects to consider, with safety being paramount. Hiring fire damage restoration by a team of skilled professionals is the best way to ensure everything gets underway safely and effectively. SERVPRO is available 24/7 for an emergency response so you can get your business or house fire cleanup underway. We're Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Fire damage in Wilmington can be life-changing, and rebuilding is stressful and daunting for many property owners. Fires are known for causing billions in fire damage each year, so you need a team that can get results while also lessening the cost and overall loss. SERVPRO does this with our' repair versus replace' methodology and our entire crew of IICRC-certified fire and smoke restoration technicians (FSRT).
Selecting Your Restoration Team is an Important Decision
Even the most minor fire can bring on some damage that is not evident to the untrained eye. There are several reasons why any property owner should enlist the help of a trusted and trained restoration company rather than attempting a DIY, including:
- 24/7 Availability – Here at SERVPRO, you can reach out to our customer care team 24 hours a day and any day of the week. We will have a crew mobilized and our Green Fleet at your door within four hours of initial contact.
- Certified and Insured – Anyone working in and around your home should be appropriately trained and insured should anything happen on your property. IICRC-certifications also offer further assurance that our technicians have the knowledge and abilities to handle your fire restoration and cleanup.
- Investigation and Assessment – Safety is critical with any restoration project. This is especially true when fire and water may have damaged your structural elements. Our trained crew chief thoroughly inspects your property and assesses the damage. This allows us to address possible hazards and select the best equipment, tools, and methods to help us achieve our goals.
What About Smoke Damage to Contents and Surfaces?
SERVPRO uses specialized cleaning methods to handle smoke remediation so that no lingering odors get left behind. This may include dry wiping with cloths or brushes or wet wiping with cleaning solutions. We inspect all surfaces to determine the types of soot soiling present and perform spot testing to ensure no further damage occurs.
For handling odors, both from smoke residue and water/moisture, our team includes trained Odor Control Technicians (OCT). We have the training to identify all offensive odors and eliminate them rather than masking them. Our professional odor removal techniques pinpoint the cause and get results, so you never have lingering reminders of the fire event. We use tools in our arsenal such as:
- Odor Counteracting Beads – Treated porous beads that release volatile odor counteractants, working by time release to freshen and fragrance the area being treated.
- Deodorant Pellets or Granules – Made with an active mineral, these products help to pull in and hold odorous molecules.
- Water-Based Products – We have wet mist deodorizers and odor counteractants our team will use to neutralize malodors in various situations.
- Air Scrubbers – These filtration devices have onboard HEPA filters to pull and capture particles in the air.
Any fire damage cleanup and restoration project gets structured to make your property "Like it never even happened." Get the results you deserve by contacting SERVPRO of Brandywine/Wilmington when you require assistance. Request help online or call us 24/7 at (302) 762-8080.
Handling Water Damage and Drying for Wilmington Residents
SERVPRO has the tools and training to complete isolation drying during water damage restoration in your Wilmington home.
Experienced Water Damage Restoration is Best – Call SERVPRO in Wilmington
You might be amazed at how many water incidents occur each day. Many of these spills, broken pipes, and appliance malfunction can lead to immense damage if not addressed correctly. All too often, homeowners may reach for a mop and bucket, not realizing they are missing areas where water migrated. Because hidden moisture can bring possible mold, mildew, and secondary damage, calling in the help of professional restoration is a smart move. SERVPRO is Here to Help Wilmington home and business owners whenever they have water restoration needs!
Here at SERVPRO, we receive countless calls to help area customers with water damage in Wilmington. We feature all the latest equipment and have perfected our water removal services to complete the job faster and more effectively than any DIY. Our IICRC-certified water restoration technicians (WRT) will arrive within hours of your call to begin assessment and water mitigation. Everything gets done to help lessen your stress level and salvage as much as possible.
We Understand the Different Types of Water Damage
Not only are we experienced and hands-on with a variety of water-related projects each day, but our technicians also go through regular training. Staying up-to-date on the latest techniques helps us adapt to each client’s needs. With professional restoration, you are getting a team that knows the correct contents recovery and water mitigation solutions based on the level of saturation, the type of water, and other factors.
Some of the moisture damage situations we see often include:
- Category 1, 2, and 3 water events – Category 1 is clean water from incoming piping. Category 2 is grey water that may come from a water heater, dishwater, or another appliance. Category 3 is black water that is highly contaminated, coming from flooding situations.
- Hidden moisture – We sometimes get called to properties with a hidden plumbing leak or a spill that went unattended. The moisture migrates into structural cavities and causes secondary damage or mold develops.
- Surface/standing water – We utilize powerful pumps and extractors to pull up as much water as quickly as possible. If dealing with category 3 flooding, our team applies antimicrobials before extraction begins.
What Equipment Does SERVPRO Have That I Do Not?
Not only does our Green Fleet come stocked with all the equipment necessary for any given project, but we also have warehouses with immense inventory our technicians have access to. Some of the top options we choose for water cleanup projects include:
- Extractors – These tools are suitable for removing water from flooring, carpeting, and upholstery. They include three main components – the vacuum system, pump, and heat. These units are either portable or truck-mounted.
- Pumps – We have pumps with varying volume capacity and lift capabilities, and our team knows which are best suited for each situation.
- Dehumidifiers – This equipment helps pull the water vapor from the air while working to lower relative humidity (RH) in any given space.
- Drying Equipment – We have various air moving units that help us to reduce drying time and increase evaporation. Other drying equipment may include wall cavity ventilation setups, industrial-grade fans, drying mats, etc.
SERVPRO Works to Restore Versus Replace Whenever Possible
When water damage wreaks havoc on your property, you must remember that not all is lost. We can salvage many materials and contents with our techniques and specialized cleaning. However, we perform controlled demolition that helps you put your home back together.
- Repairing subfloor, replacing flooring and baseboards
- Relaying carpet after putting in new carpet padding
- Flood cuts (if applicable) to repair drywall or perform complete drywall replacement
Residential contractor license #: 1992104829
Our SERVPRO team is there to address any questions or concerns you have at each restoration step. We are the team you want in your corner for water damage repair! Call us at SERVPRO of Brandywine/Wilmington at (302) 762-8080. We will make your home “Like it never even happened.”
Never Leave Mold Damage Cleanup to Chance in Wilmington
Don’t despair when your home or office in Wilmington sustains mold damage. Contact SERVPRO to assess and remediate.
Mold Damage Remediation with Help from SERVPRO in Wilmington Gets Results
If you notice fuzzy, grayish spots developing under your kitchen sink or around your bathroom cabinets, you may start to panic. Whenever you suspect black mold growing within your Wilmington property, you mustn't try to disturb it by spraying it with chemicals or wiping it. This can dislodge the spores, causing them to become airborne within your home. Rather than attempting any DIY, you need a team like SERVPRO that arrives with mold remediation expertise – available whenever you need it!
But why SERVPRO for mold damage in Wilmington? Because we are a locally-owned and operated team armed with the manpower and skill to handle any size or scope mold cleanup project. We get in to assess the damage so that we can select the best processes for safely cleaning and freshening your interior. We begin cleaning up, but we also address the source of the mold problem to keep it from coming right back.
How Much Do You Know About Mold?
You could have mold development somewhere inside your home whenever you have a slow pipe leak that goes undetected or fails to remove all of the moisture from a water-related incident. Given the right conditions, mold develops in as little as 48 hours. It is essential to keep the following in mind:
- Microscopic mold spores float through the air, coming into your home via the doors, windows, HVAC system, and even on your clothing or outside pets.
- Mold thrives on moisture and tends to colonize fast when exposed to water and an organic food source is present – drywall, paper, carpeting, etc.
- You will often notice a foul, musty odor that could be telling you that a mold infestation is developing.
SERVPRO Offers Comprehensive Mold Remediation with Processes that Include:
- Mold containment measures using poly sheeting and negative pressure
- Thorough structural drying and moisture detection using sensors, meters, etc.
- Decontamination of all surfaces
- Specialized cleaning for contents
- Removal and safe disposal of all contaminated/unsalvageable materials and contents
Our IICRC-certified mold remediation specialists can control microbial contamination closely to the source, then begin careful cleaning. All materials get removed that are overtaken with mold contamination and disposed of according to local guidelines. Any items that can get salvaged will be dried and thoroughly cleaned to our standards.
Structural Drying is Essential for All Mold Damage Remediation Projects
The last thing anyone needs is hidden moisture lurking within your property that can mean a repeat mold infestation. SERVPRO technicians have options like ventilation or specialized drying systems to direct airflow through wall cavities. This helps to replace any cool, moist air with dry, warmer air. When this takes place, it raises surface temperatures, cuts back on vapor pressure, and helps to speed up the evaporation rate. Other steps that take place may include:
- Ventilation attached to air moving equipment
- Blowers that get attached to hoses
- Small holes are drilled into ceilings, walls, or under cabinets to help redirect air into the various cavities
- Drying mats to help address moisture found within the flooring
Why Mold Removal as a False Statement – Don't Be Fooled!
If you see a product that claims to eradicate mold or a company that says they offer mold removal, don't believe it. Microbes are essential for the earth's ecosystem, and they are present everywhere – both indoors and outdoors. Under some conditions, they may colonize within your home. Hiring skilled technicians is the best way to get the results you need.
Why contact SERVPRO of Brandywine/Wilmington when you have an issue with mold damage? Because we have the proven processes and knowledge to ensure your property is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Call us 24/7 for restoration and cleanup at (302) 762-8080.
SERVPRO Offers Quick Water Damage Repair for Wilmington Homes
Contact SERVPRO to effectively tackle the fire damage in your property. Call now!
Water Damage Repair is Fast and Efficient, with SERVPRO In-charge
One of the key aspects of water damage repair of your Wilmington home is creating conditions that accelerate the drying of the hidden moisture in wet surfaces. SERVPRO techs use their knowledge of drying science and psychrometry to manipulate the temperature and humidity conditions of the drying air that favor evaporation.
SERVPRO techs use dehumidifiers and air-moving equipment during the water damage repair of your Wilmington home to create ideal drying conditions. The goal of the restorers is to maintain a set of conditions where the moisture will evaporate away from the wet surfaces at a steady rate.
Role of Air Movers in Water Restoration
Air-moving equipment plays a dual role in the water cleanup of your property. Firstly, the air movers ensure warm, dry, dehumidified air circulates throughout the structure. Secondly, they prevent the formation of the boundary layer over the drying surfaces.
As evaporation cause cooling, the air close to the wet surface quickly becomes saturated with moisture forming a boundary layer. It reduces the evaporation rate and prevents the surface from drying properly. Air movers can remove this boundary layer, replace it with warm, dry air, and speed up the drying process.
SERVPRO techs use two types of air movers during water damage remediation:
- Centrifugal air movers
- Axial air movers
While centrifugal air movers produce high static pressure and direct airflow to a specific wet area, axial air movers can generate high air volumes.
Drying Structural Cavities
Directing airflow into wall cavities can be challenging during water damage restoration. SERVPRO techs use drying systems consisting of vents attached to air movers to replace cool, moist air with warmer, dry air in structural cavities, accelerating the drying rate.
Call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080 for a fast and efficient service you can trust.
Wilmington Businesses Trust SERVPRO with Water Restoration
Looking for a restoration company? Look no further, SERVPRO is just a call away.
SERVPRO Offers Quick and Efficient Water Restoration to Wilmington Businesses
Water damage in commercial properties can have significant consequences, including loss of income and damage to the building structure and contents. Although the water restoration process of your Wilmington property can be complex and time-consuming, it is possible to minimize the impact with help from professionals like SERVPRO.
SERVPRO techs use the latest technology in water restoration of Wilmington commercial properties to help you get the business running quickly. Our IICRC-certified techs ensure the restoration process is meticulously planned for faster results. We aim to restore your property to its preloss state “Like it never even happened.”
The Role Of Air Moving Equipment In Commercial Water Damage Repairs
One of the most critical aspects of water restoration of commercial buildings is controlling the drying conditions. SERVPRO techs manipulate the humidity and temperature of the drying air to ensure that the moisture evaporation rate is held at a nearly constant value.
As evaporation results in cooling of the surface, the evaporation rate can drop significantly if the moisture-saturated air near the surface is not replaced. SERVPRO techs use air-moving equipment to remove this layer and replace it with warmer and drier air to shift the equilibrium back in favor of drying.
SERVPRO techs use the following two types of air movers when drying a commercial property:
- Axial air movers create a large volume of air movement and can be positioned to direct airflow in specific directions. They are best for drying large areas or creating air flow over surfaces to aid evaporation.
- Centrifugal air movers use a fan blade to produce a high-velocity, low-volume air stream and can build air movement in hard-to-reach areas.
Call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080 for a water restoration service you can trust.
Wilmington Homeowners Trust SERVPRO with Fire Restoration
Don’t let fire damage overwhelm you, call the professionals at SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Offers Quick and Efficient Fire Restoration Services in Wilmington
Cleaning the soot-covered surfaces is one of the most important aspects of the fire restoration of your Wilmington home. SERVPRO techs use appropriate cleaning methods to remove residue from various surfaces, ensuring they don't damage the surface.
The goal of SERVPRO's restorative cleaning during the fire restoration of your Wilmington home is to remove the smoke and soot particles as quickly and efficiently as possible. The chlorides and sulfides present in the smoke and soot particles can combine with the moisture in the air to form acids. If SERVPRO techs don't clean these acids promptly, they can cause extensive and often irreparable damage.
Cleaning Fire and Smoke Damage
SERVPRO techs use various cleaning agents to dislodge the soot residues from the surfaces and suspend them in a solution. Some of the professional cleaning agents we use during house fire cleanup include:
- General surface cleaners are detergents with a slightly alkaline pH, ideal for cleaning glossy surfaces, painted walls and ceilings, hard surface furniture, wallpaper, and paneling.
- Heavy-duty cleaners are excellent at removing greasy and sticky soils in fire-damaged homes. These cleaners have higher alkalinity and can remove acidic soot particles easily.
- Liquid crème cleaners can clean hard surfaces and polish, brighten and deodorize them. As these contain abrasive agents, SERVPRO techs use them on surfaces not harmed by mild abrasives like metal, ceramics, Formica, and fiberglass.
- Strong acid cleaners are excellent at removing soot and smoke damage from stone and brick. Some of these agents contain Phosphoric acid that can clean ceramic tiles and aluminum window frames.
SERVPRO techs use science and the latest IICRC guidelines to select a cleaning agent that is effective, safe, and efficient to restore your home to its preloss condition.
Call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Beginning Brandywine Mold Removal by Finding Colonies
Regardless of the color of the mold, our team can help. Contact us right away for effective services and the necessary equipment for the job.
Determining Your Need for Mold Removal
Does your home need mold remediation and removal services? Being on the fence about needing remediation can create costlier situations when recovery and cleanup services begin. Some signs can help you narrow down your need for mold removal efforts from our professionals.
Persistent Damp Conditions
Damp conditions often lead to mold removal in Brandywine residences because they present one of the worst scenarios for your home's building materials. Wet environments can progressively destroy impacted elements and make them susceptible to mold infiltration. Long spans of moist conditions can signal that homeowners should be wary of mold growth.
The Physical Sighting of Mold
Spotting can be one of the earliest physical signs of mold growth and infestations of your residence. Materials like drywall are highly susceptible to being hosts for mold colonies, and in the earliest stages of an organism settling into these building materials, spotting occurs. This irregular spackling of spots and irregular blots can be many different colors based on the type of residential mold involved, including green, black, grey, orange, and red.
Sometimes one of the clearest signs of microbial growth in your home is a persistent and offensive musty odor. Volatile organic compounds get created by active mold colonies, which are responsible for the strong, musty smell often associated with microbial development in a residence. This odor can be so significant that it moves through wall systems and overcomes small areas of your home without any other signs of growth. After remediation, these smells can linger, requiring deodorization approaches like:
- HEPA air scrubbers
- ULV Foggers
- Ozone/oxidation machines
- Hydroxyl generators
It is often more challenging than you think to determine when mold might grow in your home. When you discover some telling signs of microbial development, you must reach out to accredited remediation professionals of our SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington team to help. We are available 24/7 at (302) 762-8080.
Completing Storm Water Damage Repair in Wilmington Attics
We aim to restore your property as quickly as possible, “Like It Never Even Happened.”
Effective Attic Water Damage Repair Objectives
Storm and water damage repair involves understanding how these natural disasters impact your home and the destruction they can cause to the exterior components of your residence, like the roof. Penetration of water into the attic space can be one of the most threatening situations you do not notice immediately during a passing storm.
Inspecting Your Loss
The first step in water damage repair for Wilmington homes is to thoroughly inspect the damage to determine where the action is necessary. Early mitigating stages can involve removing sagging or damaged materials through controlled demolition, which can expose other components of roof systems and structural assemblies for direct drying and mold inhibition cleaning. Inspections are looking for:
- Roof damages
- Sagging materials
- Structural integrity loss
Is Contamination a Concern?
With any situation involving intruding water into your home from external sources, the threat of contaminants should not be overlooked. Even with runoff and driven rain, these introduced floodwaters can become contaminated by exposure to certain materials or foreign elements. We carefully handle all wet materials for biohazardous threats.
Thorough Drying of Structural Supports
The drying process is essential for any restoration action our professionals take in this niche and can be especially important when working in a confined space. Wet structural supports can begin to weaken and degrade with prolonged exposure, requiring tear-out and reconstruction. Fast action with drying tools like centrifugal air movers and dehumidifiers can help prevent this need.
Needed Roof Repair After Drying
Repairing the roof is an important part of the work that our professionals must complete to fully return a home to pre-damaged condition. Resolving the attic's water is insufficient to prevent recurrences and strengthen anywhere water, or moisture penetration weakens this critical defense system for your property. Our general contractor license ensures that we can complete needed build-back services as they are necessary to restore a residence.
Water damage repair for Wilmington homes can often include the impact of storms on the attic and roof. Understanding how our professionals can help with restoration and repairs makes us a trusted choice to help. Call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080.
Reading Homeowners Need Results with Water Damage Repair
SERVPRO gives you access to expertly trained water remediation specialists that put vast resources and years of experience to work for you.
SERVPRO Makes Reading Properties Like-New with Water Damage Repair Service
A tub overflowing, appliance malfunction, flooding, or hidden leaks, can severely deteriorate your building materials. Not only do you want to avoid costly damage, but you also have to be sure that black mold and musty odors do not develop. Knowing that you have a trained team to repair all the damage is a relief when you have water-related issues in Reading. Here at SERVPRO, we take pride in working with area residential and commercial customers to ensure they get the results they deserve.
When it comes to water damage repair in Reading, SERVPRO always works to restore versus replace whenever possible. However, there are times when controlled demolition is a must to reach affected areas without adding unnecessary damage. Some of the ways that controlled demolition help with water damage repair include:
- For soaked drywall, we may make flood cuts to remove saturated materials to replace and refinish to make it look new again.
- When there are areas behind walls where water is found, we can use boreholes to release the water and then implement drying measures to ensure the cavity is thoroughly dried.
- Scoping all areas with moisture meters allows us to find places where moisture must get addressed rather than having to pull out cabinets or rip up the flooring.
Water damage comes in various forms, from saturated porous materials to water stains on walls and ceilings. With any injury, our team always addresses the cause to ensure no further destruction develops. Everything is then finished, repainted, and brought back to pre-water event condition. Our Odor Control Technicians (OCT) get to work ensuring that no foul, musty odors get left behind – making your home “Like it never even happened.”
Do you have questions about water damage repair and how the process works? Call us at SERVPRO of Reading at (610) 779-8189 and speak with a member of our team.
Do You Struggle With Commercial Water Damage Remediation in Brandywine?
Plumbers can help fix the leak but certified water damage technicians help with removing the damaged materials as well as drying out the area.
Professional Commercial Water Removal Helps Re-open Brandywine Restaurant Faster
Water spills can cause severe damage leading to the closure of a business. In Brandywine, a water pipe burst in an apartment unit situated above a restaurant filling it with water, thus leading to closure. Some water was trapped in the ceiling while the rest pooled on the floor, almost an inch deep.
Various factors can make commercial water removal cases in Brandywine challenging to address. However, with support from a professional team such as SERVPRO, it is easier to address all challenges that arise. At the hotel, the primary challenge was the delayed fixing of the leak since the owner of the apartment was away at the time. The passage of time creates the opportunity for the water to spread, affecting more materials and installations compared to a leak dealt with instantly.
The restaurant was closed to allow water removal, inspection, and cleanup to restore the pre-damaged conditions. However, extending such a closure would hurt most workers who rely on it for daily upkeep. Our SERVPRO technicians were tasked with finding ways to expedite the removal.
As we waited for plumbers to fix the damaged pipe, we did a partial content move out to halt further deterioration. Unlike a full pack which takes time and resources, the partial move-out relocates items to a section within the same property, so it is doable in a matter of minutes.
Once the plumbers fixed the leak, we embarked on removing the water. Our SERVPRO technicians drilled weep holes in the ceiling to drain water trapped there. When drilling, we start with a hole close to the edge and only move inwards when that hole stops leaking to prevent catastrophic outcomes such as the collapse of the ceiling. Wet-vacuuming with a truck-mounted water extractor helped remove most water pooling on the floors. After dealing with surface water, we set up air movers and dehumidifiers to extract moisture absorbed by materials.
Water loss incidents hurt businesses. Call SERVPRO of Brandywine / Wilmington at (302) 762-8080 to help. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.